Marketing & Sales
Date Posted: 2018.05.03
Country: Korea, Republic of
Job Number: 1802999
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for "Account Manager" in Polyurethanes business, located in Seoul, Korea.
The purpose of this job is to expand sales volume of MDI and polyol specially after SADARA on stream. We need an individual who can drive the markets and position our world-class products of SADARA in Korea. This individual will also need to effectively coordinate activities between Marketing/Product team and TS&D/R&D team.
The candidate will provide feedback to R&D/TS&D for product development needs. In addition, the candidate will work closely with marketing teams to implement our business strategy for integration of components across the Dow portfolio in Korea
There will be a high degree of outside-in focus in representing the business at relevant trade associations, and delivering the messages that highlight our capabilities and experience in targeted applications.
The individual needs to have preferably a minimum of 3 years commercial experience in at least one of the following technologies: Industrial Infrastructure, Consumer comfort and Energy Efficiency in Polyurethane industry
The candidates with technical background preferred; can drive the commercial success of the business.
- Management of the sales revenue and volume for Dow Polyurethane in Korea. Keep the revenue and volume in consistently growth.
- Strength the relationship with the existed OEM accounts. Develop the news accounts on Korea Market particularly in Industrial and consumer comfort.
- Management of the distributor channels inclusive but not limited on distributors’ annual goal setting, annual price & commit volume negotiation, annual performance review and Channel conflicts management and etc.
- Market trend analysis – Analyze volume and price trend, share analysis, Monitor customer base change, new application development and competitors’ activities.
- Promotional activities - Handle individual customer calls and training, technical seminars, tradeshows and direct mailing. Ensure timely and quality response to the Request from customers and ensure that documentation meets world-class standards.
- Provide feedback to Strategic market develop department, TS and R&D for product improvement and development opportunities.
- A university bachelor degree or higher in chemical engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Polymers, Chemistry is preferred.
- At least 40% or more time spent on business trips in Korea and other region mostly in APAC
- Multi-Tasking capability is required due to complexity of the job and customer requirement.
- Fluent English writing & speaking is preferred.
- Initiatives - self motivated to design the sales channel, find new business opportunity and proactively resolve potential channel conflicts
- Market Focus - seeking, collecting and analyzing information on the customer base changes, competitor strategy, application trends
- Consultative sales skill - provide consultation to the customers how they can run their businesses successful by leveraging his/her extensive technical and commercial skills
- Teamwork and good communication skill are essential due to globally aligned business and working across cultures
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.