Date Posted: 03 May/2018
Country: Korea, Republic of
City: ChonanSchedule: Full-time
Job Number: 1800984
Semiconductor Technology R&D department of Dow Chemical in Korea has an opening for a Product Development Engineer. The product development engineer’s main tasks lie in raw material development and product and process scale up. This position will be responsible for validation and scale up of the raw materials such as polymers, monomers and other additives in semiconductor business, and for design and continuous improvement of the process of intermediate and product such as filtration process.
- Lead product development project for successful raw materials and process development from laboratory scale to high volume manufacturing scale
- Conduct lab experiments, data analysis and documentation on findings
- Lead cross-functional teams in problem solving, development of improvement plans and root cause analysis
- Utilize DOE (design of experiments) and FMEA(failure mode and effect analysis) tools to approach to the solution
- Engage with customer to understand market trend and prioritize quality improvement item
- Actively participate in EH&S (environment, health and safety) programs to ensure high standard of safety.
- Master in chemistry , chemical Engineering, or material science
- Understanding of polymer/organic chemistry and chemical engineering
- Experience of organic analysis (GC, LC, GPC, NMR and IR) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage time across multiple projects with varying deadlines and commitment
- Ability to lead technical discussions and market/customer discussions
- Good communication skill in English and Korean.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.