Distribution Requirements Specialist
Date Posted: 04/27/2018
Country: Korea, Republic of
City: SeoulSchedule: Full-time
Job Number: 1804940
Job Title: Distribution Requirements Specialist (Seoul, Korea)
Dow Chemical has an exciting opportunity of Distribution Requirements Specialist, Electronics & Imaging business, located in Seoul, Korea.
Serve as the point of contact to work with Business Supply Chains and Customer Service teams (issue resolution, procedures, SAP expertise, order adjustments) to ensure the efficient execution of material movement to meet the customer demands
- Serve as the point of contact to work with for ease of interaction (issue resolution, procedures, SAP expertise, order adjustments) related to ensuring the efficient movement of material in support of minimum inventories and specified Customer Service Level
- Monitor the appropriate metrics, conduct root cause analyses, and take appropriate corrective actions to address interregional supply issues
- Effectively interact with various functions - operations, sales and marketing, customer service, logistics, business supply chain, and service providers (TONA, BDP and carriers) to assist in resolution of issues related to shipping upsets, carrier and freight forwarder performance issues, order placement/paperwork issues, transportation asset availability issues, etc.
- Communicate impacts of multi-regional demand surges creating short term capacity/supply limitations, backlog management and order prioritization
- Verify date for customer delivery based on lead times, etc. and communicates to Customer Service based on issues/changes
- Execute the duty drawback process
- Maintains integrated relationship with Broker, Freight Forwarder and Customs and communicates any information required to prepare paperwork, etc.
- Interact with corporate customs and international trade group to coordinate import license needs and provide required documentation – FSOP process.
- Interact with Distribution Requirements Planner for short term shipment plan changes
- Execute processes and manage/review/cross-check documentation required for import/export activities and customs clearance
- Follow product through transportation and into warehouse when released in customs, with appropriate SAP entries and monitor receipt of goods based on requests from CSRs/sales team or supply chain to identify estimated receipt dates of shipments
- Serve as contact point for contract warehouse operations to escalate issues associated with warehouse performance to resolve short term exceptions and coordinate with Logistics Specialist to perform Root Cause Corrective Actions
- Book space for containers with Freight Forwarders
- Serve as the liaison between the CSRs and the Master Scheduler/Asset Scheduler to determine material availability issues for fulfilling demand from the make organization
- Receive distribution plan from DRP and create STO in accordance with the distribution plan within the defined lead times required
- Participate and follow up on actions based on exceptions discussed and decisions made from decision center and/or coordinate response to short term actions to update the plan with appropriate business and customer service resource
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of working experience in manufacturing, customer service, sales, production planning role, SAP competency role or equivalent
- Proactive and being able to work under pressure.
- Well organized and good documentation skills
- Good command in English speaking and writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Six sigma green belt certification preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.