IT Operations TechnicianCompany Boeing Korea LLCJob ID 1800041202Date posted 2018/05/04
Location SeoulKorea Republic ofKorea Republic ofJob Description
The IT Technician is responsible to deliver end-user technical support and other IT services to Boeing employees. This position will be temporarily based at the Boeing office in central Seoul and will later move to another area in the Seoul region. Occasional local travel to support local offices in the Seoul region is required and occasional international travel may be necessary.
The ITT is responsible to:
- Deploy and administer IT systems in the assigned region, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalate to the appropriate group.
- Interact with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Provide IT consultation to the end user.
- Distribute new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participate in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contribute to IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
- The IT Technician reports to the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional guidance from the Technical Leads.
- The ITT frequently interacts with a globally diverse user base, in a primarily English communication environment.
- Boeing prides itself on a multicultural work place with non-local employees encompassing a large percentage of the ITT’s user base or IT peer group.
- Understanding a customer’s request or coordinating with global IT teams, in English, will be mandatory.
- Significant amount of business travel may be required, as driven by business needs.
- Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other sites and regions.
- Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
- Due to the nature of the ITT role, supporting a geographically separate area, short notice travel will occur.
Boeing gives additional scores to a person eligible for veterans and disabled person who applies for the job position according to the applicable laws.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in a stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude, flexibility
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills is mandatory.
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
- General IPad and MAC OS operations and technical support experience.
- At least five years hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Computing or engineering degree highly desirable.
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award