Date Posted: 03 May 2018
Country: Korea, Republic of
Job Number: 1803406
JOB DESCRIPTION –Display Material R&D
- Position Title: Lead chemist
- Lead Paragraph: The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for right individual to fill the role of research scientist located in Hwaseong, Korea. The research scientist, as a member of the Display material R&D organization, develops new chemical materials for the display device like a TFT-LCD, OLED and flexible display device etc. This job involve synthesis polymer materials and research a chemical.
- Job Description:
- Develop and maintain high-quality, low-cost, sustainable processes for synthesizing of polymers and small molecules for use in spin on coatings for microlithographic applications.
- Perform hands-on laboratory and pilot transfer work, document clear instructions for manufacture of materials.
- Prepare laboratory-scale quantities of polymers and small molecules
- Develop hypotheses if and when troubleshooting is necessary and design experiments to test the validity of those hypotheses.
- Write batch manufacturing instructions with input from development technicians and production operators
- Confirm that key filtration, ion exchange and mixing process variables critical to product performance are sufficiently controlled to meet product objectives
- Perform lab scale and pilot plant process investigations to identify new unit operations or equipment to advance the technologies available during development
- Work with R&D, Analytical Engineers, and suppliers.
- Position often is "player-coach" role with incumbent developing and implement technical solutions through hands-on experimentation/problem-solving for research problems that are well defined within a project area.
- Develop & maintain a project plan for product development
- Promote strong communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree polymer or Chemistry + 4 years experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proactively seeks to understand differences of opinions to resolve issues and to achieve results
- Early demonstration of Dow leadership attributes.
- Strong safety mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related field
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.