OLED Run Plant Engineer
Manufacturing & Engineer
Date Posted: 2018/04/27
Country: Korea, Republic of
City: ChonanSchedule: Full-time
Job Number: 1804802
The Dow Chemical Company has an opening for an OLED Run Plant Engineer who will be located in Cheonan, South Korea. Focusing on OLED production in DT/ E&I businesses.
Reporting to the Production leader, the Run Plant Engineer will work as a technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, production throughput, product quality, reliability of supply, and to work with the business supply chain scheduler to effectively utilize the plant’s capacity. This role also acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel, applying technical skills within Manage Production, to optimize plant operations, resolves plant problems and enables safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products. This role is to provide a technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations and process performance so as to run a low cost, on specification, reliable, optimized operation, thereby maximizing value to the business in a safe environmentally friendly manner.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel to optimize operations to meet Business and plant goals. (Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability).
- Provide leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
- Partner with the experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and improve operating discipline.
- As required participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations
- Ensures MET is understood and utilized.
- Coaches employees on effective implementation and utilization of MET.
- Implements best practices in order to optimize operations.
- Provides Six Sigma Methodology and technical support to projects
- Works with Plant Process Control Coordination Role to ensure process control is optimized in the facility.
- Supports plant roles in procedure usage, creation, reviews, updates and approvals when assigned.
- Performs appropriate Manage Production roles as determined by Plant Site Business.
- Improves site Quality performance (Final Quality, First Pass Quality, Average Quality Index)
- Assists Asset Utilization management
- Ensures effective New Product Introduction in the site in cooperation with the PTT
- Assisting the Improvement Engineer in identifying Process Optimization for productivity Improvement.
- Basic understanding for Chemical process, analytical instrument & PCS(Process Control System)
- Basic interpersonal skill across all functions and levels
- Chemical Engineer or Chemist or equivalent Bachelor degree in a technical/chemical field.
- Past 0-4 years of experience in a process oriented manufacturing environment is preferred
- Basic technical/ conceptual skills, collaboration
- Excellent computer skills
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Knowledge of basic chemical manufacturing processes.
- Communication in Korean
- Basic statistical analysis skills.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- English communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Six Sigma or LEAN skills.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.