Raw Materials Quality Engineer
Date Posted: 2018.05.03
Country: Korea, Republic of
Job Number: 1801058
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Raw Material Quality Engineer located in Chonan, Korea.
The successful candidate will work with our raw material suppliers to improve and maintain high-quality, low-cost, sustainable processes for manufacture of polymers and small molecules for use in advanced spin on coatings for microlithographic applications.
The primary job responsibility will be ensuring that materials developed for use in advanced spin on coatings for microlithographic applications are able to reliably meet the stringent quality goals needed to produce product for our customers. This will involve understanding the raw material synthesis process along with analytical characterization techniques, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to minimize lot to lot variation, working with suppliers to identify proactive quality improvement opportunities, and ensuring effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented if the raw materials do not meet our quality expectations.
The candidate is expected to use solid statistical methods to ensure that material quality is maintained. This includes use of FMEA to identify quality risks along with SPC to ensure process control. The candidate is expected to develop hypotheses if and when troubleshooting is necessary. Based upon those hypotheses, the candidate will work with our suppliers to design and carry out experiments to determine the validity of different theories and resolve the problem.
The candidate is expected to work with Dow Material Development Engineers, Analytical Chemists, Process Development Engineers, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Procurement Specialists along with Engineers at our raw material suppliers. The candidate will work as part of a Global Quality organization with sites in North America, Korea and Japan and will work with a global supplier base.
- Ensure that appropriate raw material specifications are established – incoming QC testing, supplier specification, shelf life, etc
- Monitor incoming raw materials to ensure that all monitored parameters are within statistical control
- Respond to out of control and out of specification raw materials, including ensuring that supplier performs an effective root cause investigation and implements corrective/preventive actions
- Work with suppliers to establish & regularly improve process control plans & FMEAs for all raw materials
- Set raw material improvement goals w/suppliers (partner w/development engineer, engineering leader, & marketing manager)
- Lead raw material supplier quality audits
- BS degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum of 5 years experience with synthesis of polymers or small organic molecules
- Experience working with customers or suppliers to resolve challenging technical problems under tight time deadlines
- Strong data analysis skills; experience using JMP or other statistical tools is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of analytical techniques used to characterize polymers and small organic molecules
- Demonstrated experience using formal problem solving methodologies such as 8D, Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis, Apollo RCI, 5 why, FMEA or others
- Experience with materials used in semiconductor fabrication
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.