Senior Systems EngineerApplyCompany Boeing Korea LLCJob ID 1800042904Date posted 2018/05/04
Location Seoul Korea Republic ofJob Description
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
This position will perform a wide variety of Systems Engineering functions to ensure avionics systems meet performance requirements and are delivered to meet market and/or customer needs.
This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership for avionics systems
- Systems Requirements development, management, and verification,
- System Performance modeling, analysis, and reporting,
- System Test planning, execution, and reporting as well as other Systems Engineering functions as required to support system development and fielding.
- Supports work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
Evaluation of operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Support analyses and studies for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties to ensure mission success.
- Development of planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
The successful candidate will need to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT). Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to resolve cross-functional technical issues are also required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 10 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 5 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Experience working with multiple disciplines to resolve issues or reach a collaborative position.
- English proficiency in an engineering work environment
- Experience evaluating customer operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical data and assure compatibility of program interfaces.
- Prefer knowledge of DO-254, DO-297, DO-178, ARINC 653, and ARINC 664 and other ARINC standards
- Experience in the development, production, and/or maintenance and repair of avionics systems or complex commercial electronics products
- Experience supporting analyses and studies for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance.
- Experience working International projects collaborating in English
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award