Supply Chain Specialist
Date Posted: May 04 /2018
Country: Korea, Republic of
City: ChonanSchedule: Full-time
Job Number: 1803735
The Dow Chemical Company is looking for Supply Chain Specialist to be based in Cheonan, Korea.
- Identify, assess, execute and optimize the material flow and risk trade-offs across the supply chain at a tactical or strategic level (inventory, purchasing costs, production costs, asset utilization, and productivity)
- Optimize or design supply chain infrastructures (distribution networks, plant locations, outsourcing)
Identify and assist in the implementation of optimum inventory levels that balance costs with business strategic initiatives
- Participate on supply chain strategy development, including customer/product mix analysis, customer/product segmentation, channels-to-market, and sourcing decisions
- Optimize or lead the development of supply chain work processes, business rules, and establish metrics in the areas of forecasting/demand planning, production planning, inventory management, and the S&OP process
- Apply supply chain most effective technology (MET) and best practices during business projects
- Support the design and optimization of supply chains through the use of optimization tools (linear programming, spreadsheet analysis)
- Test supply chain design scenarios, process variability and trade-offs through modeling techniques (simulation)
- Act as an emerging or knowledgeable contact in the areas of project management, supply chain optimization tools, approaches and methods
- Manage cross-functional projects and relationships
- Leverage internal consulting skills, communications and project methodologies
- Participate on or lead cross-functional team projects
- Provide support and expertise in supply chain operations technology (distribution equipment, packaging materials and packaging equipment design).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- The critical competencies required for success are Interpersonal Effectiveness, Initiative, Value Creation, and Supply Chain Management.
- Technical proficiency in the use of computer applications, and sound analytical skills are necessary.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- University Degree (Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, other Sciences).
- APICS CPIM Certification & Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Experience in Manufacturing, or Supply Chain operations would be a plus.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our community (http://www.dow.com/en-us/careers/dow-talent-community) to stay up-to-date on career events, job opportunities, company news, and projects in your field of interest. Our recruiters may also use this information to contact you when they have an opportunity that may be of interest to you.